Monday, September 15, 2014

Yoga Yo-yoing

I must say my commitment to yoga each day is not as devout as I had originally intended and I feel bad about it.  I am doing yoga every day, but here we are, half way through September and I'm still only getting in the AM yoga routine each morning.  Sometimes I will do the PM routine, sometimes.  And I've only once done the "Yoga for the Back" DVD.  That chair thing is kind of annoying.  And the Legos all over the floor, they are annoying, too.  I haven't quite branched out of those workouts, but really I don't feel ready to branch out.  I haven't noticed too much change in my flexibility and zenness.

All that said, last week I took a few walks in the morning and attempted to remain within my calorie limit according to My Fitness Pal.  When I stepped on the scale Friday morning I had lost two pounds.  That felt pretty good.  Of course, today I found myself at Taco Bell getting lunch, so by this Friday, who knows what the scale will say.  We are also going to Chuck E. Cheese tonight.  The boys each completed a full book bingo sheet and this is their reward.  They filled their whole bingo card with different books they chose to read over the summer.  Typically, Chuck E. Cheese is a once-a-year reward for something they have accomplished over the summer.  For me, it's my once-a-year self-torturing ritual as I rub elbows with the scuzz of the earth.

Once Chuck E. Cheese is tackled, I hope to regroup and get back on the yoga horse, maybe try a few new workouts and stop at the grocery store to stock up on some salad fixings for the week.

No comments:

Post a Comment