Sunday, November 9, 2014

November Challenge A Go! (in spite of my mother)

Last night I caught up on my number of scrapbook pages and this morning already completed today's layouts.  I'll probably work ahead today because I only have two layouts to complete and then Eli's baby book will be finished...six years later.  This challenge has given to me what I anticipated all of my challenges to have given me, a pleasant distraction, and we're not even half way through the month.  I will actually be sad to pack it all up December 1st, but it will be necessary to have some sort of order in the house for that month.

Last night I shared with my mother and my husband how far along I've come in the pages and how much I've been enjoying myself.  From both I get the cursory, "Um-hum", and though I can't see my mother over the phone, I sense she, too, is giving the eye roll like my husband.  My mother and husband are complete opposites when in comes to cleanliness standards save for one point--the dining room table covered in albums, papers, pictures, and a lot of, well, scraps.  It drives them crazy, and I suppose to a non-scrapbooker, it doesn't make a whole lot of sense and seems a rather trivial hobby.  Ironically, the rest of my house has been straightened and cleaned and ordered to a much greater extent than it has been in months.  I suppose the freedom to make a mess on the dining room table has somehow inspired me to order the rest of the house.

So until December 1st, when it will need to put away to make room for parties and special dinners and breakfasts, I will bask in the mess that is scrapbooking.  

No comments:

Post a Comment