Wednesday, October 29, 2014

The Busiest Time of the Year

It has never failed that the end of October has always been the busiest time of the year, and this year is certainly no exception.  We're busy all the time, but the end of October has a frantic feel to me, always has, even as a child.  I guess it's that time of the year when all the fall activities not only have resumed, but are in full-speed-ahead motion.  As a child, it was dancing, band, and chorus.  As a mom, it's soccer, scouts, soccer, and scouts.  On top of it all is Halloween parades and parties and costumes and pumpkins culminating in a giant bowl of candy to ease the hysteria.

I kind of, sort of forgot about this when planning this challenge of "me" time.  I did make my hair appointment, but it's not until the 4th.  Close enough.  I think I can fit in the pedicure on Friday morning, but that still leaves me with three more pampering ideas to complete my challenge.  I simply cannot think about it tonight.

What am I thinking about?  For the first time in weeks, my husband and I will be able to enjoy a dinner alone while watching three of our favorite shows.  And, I'm excited to be finishing my book.  After Jane Eyre, in celebration of the season, I picked up L.M. Montgomery's collection of short stories Among the Shadows.  The stories all show a bit of a darker side of my favorite author, ranging from ghost stories to tales of loss, revenge, and failure.

And this is probably all you'll hear from me until November as I'll be diving into a Pampered Chef show (I'm a faltering consultant, but what the hell, let me do a show right before Halloween), craft supplies, pumpkin carvings, costume readying, etc., etc.  Happy Halloween!

No comments:

Post a Comment