Sunday, July 5, 2015

Disclaimer

I'm getting published!  Yep, I wrote a piece for ScaryMommy.com and it got accepted.  Then it occurred to me that people might actually travel to my blog and read it.  That has me freaking out a bit.  Most of my blog was dedicated to my monthly challenges, but I'm pretty sure occasionally I mentioned a relative or two, maybe put their business out there that they really wouldn't have wanted me to.  I've been going over and over in my head whether or not to go back in and delete those parts. The thing is, I really don't have time.  Like I said before, I'm trying very hard to find purpose once again in my life at home, and finding that purpose takes time, especially when it comes to my three little boys.  I can't be worried about what others are going to think.  This I can say, that I never lie, so what you see is true, at least according to my side or perception of the story.  And if anyone was hurt, that was certainly not my intention.  Most likely what was written was in a moment of my own pain, so I'm sorry if you don't like it, but it was what was real for me in that moment.

The second disclaimer when reading this blog is that I have absolutely no intention of making it a work of literary genius. Most times I write in the early morning before the kids are awake, so who knows how well my brain is functioning.  In many ways this is a free flow of consciousness, a dialogue between you, the reader, and myself.  I do try to proofread, but there is very little editing of content.  And despite my English background, there are going to be grammar errors, colloquialisms, fragments, and cliches.  Get over it, snobs!

  

2 comments: